Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fears of a dyslexic in a modern world

I am a passionate person.
I like to revel in emotions and to feel like I have a purpose in life.
I am a natural lover…. And I don’t mean the lecherous kind.
I love unconditionally.
Anything and everything that speaks to my soul.
I am an Arab. A Lebanese more specifically. I am also part Armenian and part Russian. Passion is not only in my jeans but a reality for me.
I have a strong urge to be the best I can be
I have a strong urge to be someone with a purpose.
I have a strong urge to be.
I am a dyslexic. What “experts” call a learning disabled. It is true. I am learning disabled.
I have a hard time paying attention.
I have a hard time staying in focus.
I have created a persona for myself to integrate into society as a fully functioning human being.

But I am only pretending.
I am only deluding myself.
I am not one who lies.
Only one who tells the truth as he knows it at that exact moment not more.
I have lost my purpose.
I have lost my innocence.
I have lost my passion.
I am deluding myself.
I embarked on a journey to become a film maker because I could not abide to a 9-5 desk job. But life did not turn out as expected. I am a person who is terrified of reliving certain events and I would prefer not to hold on to a dream that would eventually drown me back in to a cesspool of failure.

I would have liked to be a successful filmmaker but I grew tired of the meaningless of the job. I need to have a meaning. I need to work on something meaningful. Something meaningful to me and the problem is that I do not know what is meaningful to me anymore. I have an idea but that is about it. I am too bogged down by the daily necessities of life in a world that is governed by things that are meaningless to me and that I find hard to manage. I am not a money oriented person and I do not care to be. I would work for free if someone would take care of the things that I cannot provided that I believe in what I am doing. If I do not believe in it then I lose interest.

This Is how I am built. I cannot help it. I cannot change it.

I am learning disabled not because I do not know how to lean but I am learning disabled because we live in a world that is merciless. A world that is selfish. A world that insists on giving everything a meaningless monetary value.

I am blind to numbers.
I am blind to words.
I am dyslexic.
I am being forced to conform to social norms by a world that does not care about my existence and only sees me as a number. Not a human being. Just a number.

I have an unquenchable need to be free.
To be the best I can be but this world that I barly know how to deal with keep pushing me down.
Keeps drowning me.
Silencing me.
I can be belter. I know what I am capable off. I am dyslexic.
I am proud to be the way I am.
I am proud to be dyslexic for it is a privilege to be humbled as I am.
To realize the importance of education done right.
Not an education delivered according to the least common denominator.

I am not learning disabled, though I am classified as such.
I am a human being.
I am a lover.
I am a passionate person.
I have a need to love.
 I have a need to be.
I have become disillusioned and given up on many of my dreams yet I still hang on to what may be full of fear full of hesitation full of despair yet I still hold on to hope for I am Pandora’s box and that is all I have left.

Hope
Hope that I can be the best that I can be.
Hope that the world would change for the better
Hope that people would take the time to understand each other.
Hope that we would be rid of violence.
Hope that we would be rid of greed
Hope that we would be rid of selfishness.
Hope that we should be rid of poverty.
Hope we would be rid of bigotry.
Hope we would be rid of ignorance.
Hope that I will not end up destitute and destroyed.

I have far too many hopes.
I have far too many dreams.

But this is who I am and I will dream even when I drown.

But I am tiered and cannot push myself anymore and that terrifies me because I am getting older and I find myself still… lost.

No comments: